Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why use a travel agent?

I had a friend tell me it was cheaper for her to make  her own travel arrangements than to have me do it. She said using a travel agent was too expensive. What she didn't realize is that you don't pay me, the hotels, resorts, rental car companies do.  If you call to book with Norwegian Cruise line or with me we are going to quote the same price.  This is true of any package deal.

Using travel agents can save you time and money. It is our job to know the ins and outs of your destination and help you plan a great trip.

First we save you time.  I know so many people who spend countless hours and lots of frustration trying to figure out the best time to go to Disney or on an Alaskan Cruise.  One call to a travel agent and they can tell you when ships head to Alaska, which ship to take or what type of stateroom is best for your family.

We save you money - and that is a good thing. Disney is not going to call and let you know FREE DINING just opened up and they are lowering your stay by 700.00.  Travel agents do.

Book a trip to France on your own and a hurricane grounds hundreds of flights while you are are stranded in Chicago.  You can wait in line with everyone else to see when the next available flight is or your TA knew about the incoming bad weather and rearranged your flights to leave a tad early.  Or your TA is on the phone with the airline getting you new flights while everyone else is in line trying to get flights while you are sitting in a sports bar watching the big football game

TA's are not a phone bank. When you call to make a change or ask a question you deal with me, not some random person who answers calls in a queue.We are individual people who KNOW you.  You are not a random name on a computer screen.  In my case, I have a file on you with your likes and dislikes about traveling.  Places you want to go (that way if I spot a deal I can email you), places you have been.  What cruise ships you like or didn't like.  I know what seat on a plane you like to fly in.

I am going to make your trip the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment