Monday, December 9, 2013

Commication is the key

I know I said I was going to do a series on our recent cruise but there has been something that has been on my mind.  Communication.  Every travel agent wants their client to have the best vacation possible.  We strive to make your vacation what we would want our vacation to be.  From the second you enlist the services of a travel agent until you get home, we want you to just relax and know the details are taken care of.

We can't do that if you don't talk to us.  We have no idea what is important to you on your trip.  We do ask questions to determine what we THINK you like.  We plan with you in mind.  With your kids in mind.  But we are not mind readers.  If you don't like something we suggest please tell us.  We will change it to make it what you want.

Keep in mind if you book last minute, whether it be a cruise, a trip to Disney, Universal or anywhere, we may not be able to get EXACTLY what you want.  We will do our best to accommodate your request but there are no guarantees.  Booking a cruise 3 weeks out means you may not get the dinner seating you want or the excursions you have your heart set on.  Booking in November to go to Disney in December means you probably won't get breakfast at Cinderellas castle or dinner at Be Our Guest.  There are planners out there who book a year in advance for the hotel/cruise they want.  They know with Disney that dining reservations have to be made at 180 days out to get the most wanted restaurants or times.  I have been known to call 3 or 4 times a day to try and get what my clients want but I can't always do it.  I hate to disappoint anyone .  I want everyone to have the  vacation they dream of.  That is my job.  I like things to be magical no matter where my clients are going.

The next step. When you get to your destination and you encounter a problem, tell someone. Do not wait till you get home to let your TA know.  There is not much they can do at that point.  If you are at a resort and there is an issue with check in ask to talk to the duty manager.  Give them specifics.  If there is an issue with a meal, or Magic Bands(if at Disney) talk to someone at the park or the hotel concierge.  No matter the destination the management wants you to have a great time.  They want you to come back, they want you to tell your friends.  In addtion to talking to someone at the resort/on the cruise, let your travel agent know at once.  Be specific as to what the issue is.  In my case I will follow up with the resort to ensure you are taken care of.  I know most travel agents are the same way.  Don't send a text or email saying - things are not magical we will talk at a later date.  We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is.  We want to help you.  I have had clients send the text above, I all the hotel to ask management what the issue is and they are not aware of anything.  There is nothing I can do in that situation.  If you send an email that says, We booked XSXXX view and got YYYY view or our dining reservations are not showing up, a travel agent can get on the phone and correct that problem right away.

Communication is the key both with your travel agent as well as your resort or cruise staff.  IF you don't tell someone the issue no one can fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment