Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beaches surprise





A while back I won a 4 day 3night stay at Beaches/Sandals.  Orginally my husband and I were going to go to Sandals for a much needed couples get away.  Once I started looking at Beaches, I knew I had to take Andrew along.



I loved the activities for kids his age  - snorkeling, beach soccer, kayaking, glass bottom boat rides.  Then I started worrying about leaving him for long periods of time even in a supervised group.  Drew has some special needs. He has Tourettes and a SEVERE anxiety issue that causes some other problems. I know I would not be comfortable leaving him with a group that had a high ratio of kids to supervisors.  I know in most instances it would be all right.  I mean I have never heard a news report of Beaches losing a kid.  I am sure Drew would be OK but i am not sure my husband would be.  This is the PRE TEEN PROGRAM description



Pre-teens Program

Kids Have the Time of Their Lives

Not yet a tween or teen, but getting there fast, sometimes it can be hard to contain all the exuberance of youthful spirits. At Beaches we celebrate this positive energy and channel it into an unending slew of fun-filled activities for this ever-active age group. Sailing, snorkeling (ages 8-10), swimming, beach volleyball, beach soccer, scavenger hunts, glass bottom boat rides, pizza making, reggae jam sessions and on and on an unbelievable array of incredible options abounds! At Beaches we're dedicated to making sure that, from first thing in the morning until the sun goes down at night, your children simply have a blast.
Please bring:
  • Swimsuits
  • Change of clothes
  • Sun screen
  • Sun Screen
  • Comfy toy (if used)
  • Beach toys
  • Beach hat





I want Drew to parcipate fully in all of this but.....I worry about him not being able to keep up and fully participte.

THEN I SAW THIS

Children with Special needs

Children with special needs may require a one to one coordinator/nanny. This service is offered so that they can actively participate in all activities with the special care and support they need. There is a fee of US$8.00/hour for this service.

EXACTLY what I want.  I can leave Drew and he can participate in the activities but at the same time have an adult buddy who is right there should there be an issue.  Someone assigned to Drew who could understand he just needed an extra hand from time to time if the stress got to be too much and at the same time would let Drew what all the other kids were doing. 8.00 an hour is a small price to pay for my son to get to do all the vacation activities that he wants.
I have been excited about this trip to BEACHES NEGRIL.  And know that Drew can particpate at not feel left out makes it even better.

I applaud BEACHES for taking this innovative step of inclusion for all guests and can't wait to report back after we go. 
I personally can't wait to go on the water park. Or eat at the restaurants or lay on the beach.

If you are interested in booking an all inclusive (airfare extra) trip to Sandals (adults only) Beaches (family) contact me at travelnwithtink@gmail.com OR click the envelope in the upper right corner and tell me where you want to go and i will get back to you within 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment