Saturday, August 25, 2012

Emergency kit

We are by no means amusement park fiends.  We love all kinds of vacations.  But one thing I have learned is to have a small travel emergency kit on me at all times.  Scott and Philip teased me unmercifully the first time we went to Disney for 10 days and I had this bag a Baggalini Messenger bag
I chose it for a couple reasons.  The reviews on it were fantastic, it had TONS of pockets for storage plus it was a bright color so if separated I could be spotted.  It has a zipper pouch on the top strap that is great for holding tickets which are about the size of a drivers licences.  I also kept our PhotoPass in that pouch so it was also handy when it was picture time.

The middle pouch has several mesh compartments. I kept my point and shoot camera there.

The front pocket held receipts.  I also kept small disposable ponchos in this area.  I refused to buy the ones at ANY park because of the cost - 12-15 dollars each.  They are also bulky and can't be folded back up in any reasonable way.  The benefit to the disposable ones - they are CHEAP - about a buck each. I don't mind throwing those away.  They are great for a late afternoon rain storm plus we use them when riding water rides.  They help to keep you dry. Once the ride is over throw them away and enjoy the next ride. For the cost of one park poncho I can get enough disposable ones for the whole trip.

In the large pocket I kept a zipper bag.  It held everything for an emergency.  I had moleskin for the unexpected blister.  Tums, or Rolaids and pepto bismol - never know when someone is going to eat one to many churros.  Bandaid and Neosporin were packed in there as well.  Tylenol is a must, after riding Haunted Mansion and all the silly girls screaming in the first room can give anyone a headache. A pair of tweezers in case of splinters. I also stashed a couple granola bars in there.

Back in the hotel room I keep sheets of moleskin and a small pair pair of scissors.  Cut to fit for larger blisters.  Also for us Pooh sized people or anyone who suffers from chaffing I highly recommend Body Glide.  I rub it on my thighs before getting dressed and it prevents chaffing during the day.  It also helps prevent chaffing if your clothes get wet on the water rides.

I know everyone has must haves in their emergency kit - what is your most important thing to pack for a park emergency?


No comments:

Post a Comment